Thursday, July 27, 2006

All Hail The Rain Gods!

It's raining! It's actually raining! Although sod's law dictates that it had to happen in the middle of my first driving lesson in a month! Being a learner driver, driving for the first time in weeks in the middle of a thunderstorm with a new instructor and new car is not fun. Although I think I do like my new instructor. He makes me laugh and I'm not as tense around him. And I definitely prefer the new car (a Vauxhall Corsa as opposed to a Ford Focus - the car of the devil!).

Oh yeah, I changed my driving instructor, by the way. The other guy was doing my head in with his contradicting instructiions and his crazy car!

My water was turned off for essential maintenance work today. Which is fine. I was given plenty of notice and told it would be back on by 12. It actually came back on at 2.30pm, but I can handle that. It's what I expected. But it's still only just a trickle at 7pm! And then I come home from my lesson to find a notice saying my water is going to be off for four, count them, FOUR mornings in a row next month! So based on today, I can expect to be pretty much waterless for almost four full days. Did I mention that it's the fours days immediately before my exams? Grrr!

3 comments:

Dogeared said...

Weird - Gemma was saying they had storms at the weekend (and Andy too), yet Devon got nowt. And I've heard about storms in London, and we still have nothing! Not even overcast!

Bet you it rains tomorrow morning - a) I've said we've had nothing and b) my umbrella is at work... oh wait, I've got a second one at home. Nevermind, I'm OK for rain!

Might clear the air. And if it rains tomorrow - great, as I ran tonight and can have a night off tomorrow.

And argh about your water- what bad timing before the exams!

Meghan said...

How did you know The Devil drives a Ford Focus??

I only know because he lives in LA.

CosmicAvatar said...

On the positive side, your car is supposedly one of the safest places to be in a thunderstorm. Not that it feels that way...

Supid water suppliers!