Friday, June 02, 2006

Happy Birthday Kieran!

Today is my beautiful nephew's birthday. He is three years old today. Three?! How did that happen? I still remember the day my sister was in labour, when I called my mum every hour for news. How can he be three already?

I posted up his birthday presents on Tuesday and they arrived on Wednesday morning. After they took the brown parcel paper off and Kieran saw the Bob the Builder wrapping paper, he got all excited. He asked if he could open them now, but my sister told them that he'd be able to open them after two sleeps. "Okay", said Kieran, "I'm going to bed". So cute!

I know I post a lot about Kieran and Lewis, which may be a bit strange since they're not actually my children, but it's because they really are a big part of my life. My family has always been very close, so it stands to reason that I adore my nephews. Whenever I think about them, I smile. Anything that does that to you should be celebrated.

7 comments:

Dogeared said...

Whenever I think about them, I smile. Anything that does that to you should be celebrated.

Damn straight.

Happy birthday Kieran! He looks older than 3 to me though!

Amanda said...

So cute!

Not strange at all. You don't love them any less just because they're not "yours".

Jess said...

He's a cutie! He looks so wise, somehow. I always find it weird when kids have that look. (Weird in a good way, of course.)

Amy said...

Happy Birthday, Kieran!!

Yonners said...

Happy Birthday to the cutest nephew ever! He's darling. And yes, looks very wise indeed. Family is so amazingly uber important. I know when I'm pmsing because when my mom phones I burst into tears. I'm very close to my family, except for that sister 'Jenn' of mine. Don't know much about her. Nope. And glad to hear that the concert was a great time! Wheeee!

Mindi Scott said...

Such a cutie! I can't believe it's been three years already either!

Simon said...

Happy belated birthday, young man!