Friday, June 23, 2006

Plasters! Stat!

I went on a training course today to renew my first aid qualification. It was quite fun actually. A lot of practical, hands-on stuff, like putting people in the recovery position and bandaging them up! My favourite, though, is practising CPR. You practise the rescue breaths and chest compressions on a dummy (called Annie), because it's probably a bit awkward to practise on your fellow classmates. But fun! If I ever have to do it in real life, I hope I remember what I'm doing, but I seemed to be quite good at it in a controlled environment at least.

I'm going to see Avenue Q on Monday! I've been going on about this show for over a year, but I completely forgot about it. I knew I was going, but it always seemed like forever away and it just kind of sneaked up on me. I was going to post my friend a soundtrack I copied for her because I thought I wasn't going to see her for weeks, then she pointed out to me that I'm seeing her on Monday. I don't know where my head is lately. But, for now, I can't wait for Monday! Eeee!

4 comments:

jenn said...

So that is her common name - because our dummie was an Annie too!

Dogeared said...

I don't think you can practise the mouth to mouth stuff on breathing people, as you'd be blowing into them, when they're already breathing - if that makes sense.

Hope the show is good!

Simon said...

I'd like to do a first aid course one time. Not least because the signs in work say that Simon Ball is a qualified first-aider!

CosmicAvatar said...

Well done on the first aid course - never know when you might need it!