Thursday, May 25, 2006

Every Time!

It was someone's leaving drinks at work last night (again!) but I was really, really tired so had only been planning to go out for one or two drinks. Yeah right. I got home just after midnight! Every time. When I go out expecting to have a really good time, I end up not enjoying myself and leaving early, but if I'm not in the mood, I have a brilliant time.

We spent a few hours at All Bar One, which isn't normally one of my favourite places. They normally cram large parties into a really tiny area and the waiters are pretty rude. But we managed to snag a good sized area last night and I didn't have to deal with the waiters at all, so that was good. I should have known what kind of night it would turn into because the innuendo and teasing started pretty much immediately! I demonstrated my innocence as the baby of the company by demanding explanations to some of the stuff I've heard mentioned in the office as jokes, including dogging! It's been mentioned in jokes at work for months, and they refused to explain to me what it meant (because of my delicate innocence?! I don't know!) and I've been too scared to google it because you never know what you could get! But I finally got it out of them last night. I must admit that after all the build up, I was expecting something much worse!

Anyway, after a few hours we decided we needed some food to soak up the alcohol, so we headed for Haz, a turkish restaurant round the corner. This place has the best smell in the whole City of London. You walk past it and drool! And I'm pleased to report that the food tastes every bit as good as it smells!

2 comments:

Dogeared said...

I knwe the basic idea of dogging, afetr some Eastenders 'celeb' got caught doing it. Without researching, I guessed it was summat to do with having sex in cars in woods. Or something like that.

Aparently, Haldon Woods (just next to Exeter race course, on the outskirts of Exeter) is a popular local place for dogging. I'm glad I don't go running there!

And wooo for a good night out!

CosmicAvatar said...

Glad you had a good time.

Haz sounds yummy. A future venue for Geeke Trippage mayhap?