Thursday, May 25, 2006

Never Forget

The concert was AMAZING! They have not lost their touch. In fact, I think this was the best of the four concerts I've been too. Absolutely spectacular.

I feel like I'm 15 again! Every time I think about it, I give a little squeal! I can't believe I saw them again! Squeee!!

EDIT - let's see if I can try to formulate something a bit more substantial than "Squee"!

Last night was excellent, but I'm left feeling very strange. It's hard to put into words how I feel though. Nostalgia? Giddyness? Sadness? Part of me is still walking on clouds, like I'm back to being a teenager again, part of me is feeling down that the experience is over and longing for it carry on and part of me is sad that that part of my life is finished.

I think I've covered the giddyness part pretty well! I really didn't expect last night to affect me so much, but I actually had tears in my eyes at one point. It's pathetic, but TT were such a huge part of my life at one point and seeing them live again was just so overwhelming. And following on from that, I wanted it to last longer. I remember feeling the same way after my first Barenaked Ladies concert, trying to buy tickets for the following night because I'd had such a good time. I think I'm coming out of it a bit now, but I'm definitely in the midst of post-concert blues.

But there's a feeling of sadness that it's all over. They've made a comeback and they're releasing a new album (which I'll probably buy because the songs I heard last night were good), but it's not the same. We've all grown up and I can't get that time back. This is obviously about more than Take That, it's about that whole time in my life. I never thought I'd feel nostalgic for it though. I guess it's those rose-tinted specs coming out, trying to trick me into thinking that I loved my teenage years, but they lie! I know they lie. Logically, I know that I never want to feel again the way I did when I was 12-16 years old. Yet, I can't shift this feeling of sadness that I'm not at that point in my life anymore. It's crazyness. It's probably exacerbated by my dissatisfaction with my life right now, but hopefully that'll go away in time, with some effort and work.

Wow, this turned into quite a depressing entry, after the opening. I need to remedy that.

Highlights of the night:

  • The Beatles Medley that they performed at the Brits;
  • Their pisstake of "How To Make a Boy Band", including a personal dig at themselves about not becoming friends with each other because if one of the members starts to lose it, you might have to kick them out;
  • Robbie making a minor appearance, having recorded a video piece of the beginning of Could it Be Magic for them;
  • A sexy, tango version of It Only Takes a Minute;
  • The encore of Never Forget.


Take That Rule!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I know what you mean...there's this feeling of comfort, maybe? that you get when you reminicese about being younger, and there's nothing like music to help you do that. Really, it's scientific and everything. Soundtrack of your life. Might make a good WD post...

Annika said...

I'm so glad you had a good time! I'm sorry the nostalgia is bringing you down.

Dogeared said...

I'm glad the concert was so good! Nice to go out on a positive :-)

Meghan said...

Take That?

I shouldn't know who they are, should I? :/

In any case... glad you had such a great time!

Simon said...

I'm glad Robbie did a little something for them. And that you had a good one!

Hope the funny feelings go away soonish.

Jess said...

Damn you! Now I have all those songs stuck in my brain!