Thursday, April 13, 2006

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

I'm going home tomorrow! I get to see my family & friends. I get to go to sleep with my dog lying at the end of my bed. I get to babysit my nephews. I get to go out for a day in Glasgow with my sisters. I get to just chill out. It's been way too long since I was last home. I'm so excited!

It was someone's last day at work today, so we headed down to the pub at lunch time for his leaving drinks. However, since it's the day before a bank holiday, the office closed at 3pm and no-one went back! Well, I went back round about 4pm to log off my computer (I had intended to go back!), but I was in the pub pretty much all afternoon. I only had two glasses of red wine though because I'm going to mass tonight and I didn't think the priest would be too impressed if I rolled up drunk!

The Story of the Flaming Sambuca

Since it was Mark's last day and he's actually moving away to Bermuda, Gary went to the bar to order him a flaming sambuca. While he was away, Mark had managed to spill some of his beer on the floor. When Gary came back, he handed the sambuca to Mark. Unfortunately, Mark's hand was still wet from the beer and the glass slipped. He spilled some of the sambuca over his hand.....and the flame transferred to his hand too! It took him a couple of seconds to realise that his hand was on fire, but when he did, he started jumping around and shaking his hand to blow the flame out, which it did. In all the commotion, he dropped the glass, spilling the rest of the sambuca over the floor and setting fire to the floor! He started stamping on it with his feet but the flames were still there. In the end, he was able to blow them out.

It should be noted that he didn't actually burn himself much. It's the sambuca vapours that burn, so I don't think the flame actually touched his skin. Much. It just stung a bit afterwards, with no visible marks.


Anyway, I probably won't be around much next week, so have a lovely Easter!

4 comments:

Dogeared said...

Yikes...

Have a good weekplusthree! And Happy Easter.

Dogeared said...

Slightly Harry Potter related tidbit for you, which I just found:

Daniel Radcliffe to star in Extras

Mindi Scott said...

Happy Easter!

CosmicAvatar said...

Flaming sambucas are eeeeevil.

Happy Easter!