Friday, March 03, 2006

Barenaked Obsession

It turns out that Lewis has german measles, which is better than measles but still pretty crap. Poor baby.

My current consumption (to steal a phrase from Amanda) is the BNL Podcast. For someone that didn't really understand the concept of podcasts in November, I now subscribe to a hell of a lot of them! But this one is good because, if you've ever been to a BNL concert, you'll know how funny these guys are! Plus, they're recording a new album just now and keep playing clips of new songs, which is a great bonus.

I'm making my way through the House boxset just now. I'm really enjoying it. I have a few niggles about the show, but I still love it. Quite strange because the niggles are quite major ones that would normally put me off a show, so I can't quite put my finger on why I like it so much. But I do. I just watched the episode Detox, which is easily my favourite episode so far.

Hmm, what else? I promise I will get some photos of my flat up soon. I've been promising them since I moved in, I know. I just haven't had the time. But my sofabed is being delivered tomorrow, so once I get the spare room sorted, I'll try to get some pics up. Promise. Really.

7 comments:

Mindi Scott said...

Re HOUSE: I sort of feel that way about LOST. I was telling Dwayne, "I don't really like any of the characters and nothing much ever really seems to happen, but somehow I keep watching. I'm more into LOST than I am VERONICA MARS right now.

I really don't get it.

Meghan said...

BNL are hifreakinlareous in concert!!

I'm also looking forward to their new album.

Dogeared said...

Sometimes when I listen to my BNL CD (the "Disc One 1991-2001" album), I think of you :-)

And my word verification is rlhague. Hague- an actual word!

Simon said...

Another House convert! MWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Sorry. Had to get that out of my system!

May I ask what your niggles are?

CosmicAvatar said...

Oh, I can put my finger on exactly what I like about House. And I'd like to put more than my finger on him, if you know what I mean... [EVIL]

Eileen said...

Simon, the main niggle is that a lot of the episodes seem to be very formulaic. House diagnoses something and treats it. House turns out to be wrong. House diagnoses something and treats it. House turns out to be wrong. Repeat. House suddenly has a moment of clarity and knows exactly what's wrong and the patient gets better. Although I'm putting this down to it being a new show trying to establish it's basis and find an audience, because the later episodes are a bit less like this.

Other little niggles are Hugh Laurie's accent sometimes (although it usually sounds fine) and the fact that it's just so damn unbelievable! There are no hospitals like this, he would never get away with what he does and it's a complete fantasy.

Saying that though, I do really like it! It's funny, the characters are great and despite the formula, the episodes are generally really well written.

Amanda, I know exactly what you mean. Although I've always had a bit of a thing for Robert Sean Leonard. What can I say? I like the clean cut guys.

Simon said...

Eileen - you're damn right on all those points!