Saturday, March 18, 2006

Confession Time

I've been cheating on the WD.

With The Leaky Lounge. Yes, I know. My Harry Potter obsession knows no bounds.

I've joined other forums before, but usually made no posts, or just one or two before I gave up because everyone was so scary. I made a few posts on Leaky, and while people didn't seem too scary, it was very overwhelming! That site is huge! I don't remember the WD ever being that big, but then Harry Potter is probably a bigger fandom than Buffy ever was.

I was all ready to give up on it, but they've brought in these reading groups now, where they're re-reading and holding discussion about the books, one at a time. The groups are very contained and much more manageable, so I think I'm going to stick with it for a while. I've already had a couple of good discussions, and I've only joined a group today!

Just don't tell the WD. I don't want to hurt it's feelings.

6 comments:

Dogeared said...

I've been cheating on the WD on and off foryears - a Stargate website (long since fallen by the wayside in my surfing really), and two Alias ones but those are sporadic and even when I've been there fairly regularly it was only in certain forums/subforums. On the SD-1.net, for example (only one I still go to as I lost the other's URL), I post in the DVD forum and the Book forum.

Nice you found somewhere else which is friendly, welcoming and stimulating!

Dogeared said...

I've gone and had a look at that site today - and it is huge! And a little daunting, a new site, isn't it? You don't necessarily know where posts are, or what goes where. Especially on a site that big.

CosmicAvatar said...

Ho! [tongue]

Well, I joined a Fool's Fate forum a few years back, although I must admit I only posted a couple of times. The WD is my only regular board.

Meghan said...

The WD and my friends' blogs are the only internet social life I know.

But, ahhhh - The Leaky Lounge sounds temping.

Maybe I'll just go have a peak...

Simon said...

I will keep schtum, don't worry.

Amy said...

I am very wary of getting into the HP fan scene. They're all freaking crazy.