Wednesday, March 29, 2006

One down, one to go

I had a powercut last night! The power went off round about 7.30pm, just as it was getting dark and I only have a couple of candles! Not exactly conducive to studying the night before an exam! I tried to study for another hour and a half or so, then gave up. Made my dinner (praise the gas hob!) and went to bed at 10pm. According to my alarm clock, the power came back on round about 2am.

The exam wasn't terrible. It wasn't great, but it could have been much worse. I think most of what I did was correct, it's just whether I did enough or not. I was running out of time and was struggling to finish the questions I'd left to go back to. So it could really go either way. But I at least felt like it went better than the other two (have I mentioned that I've failed this particular exam twice already?).

My lovely boss gave me the afternoon off, not taken out of study leave or holidays or anything. People usually have to go into the office after a morning exam, but I didn't. Yay! I'm having the rest of the day free from studying though. I plan to clean. This place is driving me mad! It's not disgusting or anything, but it just needs dusted and swept and washed and I just haven't had time for a big clean for ages. Little bits and pieces, here and there, but I want to gut the place!

But, for now, I am going to have some lunch. And possibly lie down in a dark room because my head is pounding.

4 comments:

CosmicAvatar said...

Stupid power cut. Still, it sounds as though you had enough to fill the time, at least. If it felt better, I shall cross my fingers that it went better too. And I failed my FMAF exam twice too, so I'm a big believer in third time lucky!

Anonymous said...

Why do we always get power cuts at the most inconvenient times? Like Christmas/New Year's Eve, or the night before an exam...

What a nice boss giving you the afternoon off, and I can understand the wanting to clean.

Fingers crossed for you!

Jess said...

One more exam down! Now just let us do the hooves-crossing while you wait for results, and try as best you can to forget about it.

Dogeared said...

Wait how come my comment was logged anonymous? I'd logged in!

Weird.